Hmm. So, most votes split 60/40. And the 45 to 64 age group is 64.4%. Hmm.
I checked with infoserv to dig up some information on the ages of delegates to General Conference 2012 as compared to the entire denomination. Thank you to the wonderful team at Ask InfoServ for their data gathering!
There is no official United Methodist source for age statistics for the denomination. GCFA has not collected age statistics since General Council on Ministries. However, there is the 2010 State of the Church: Congregational Life Survey which breaks down ages by percentage. Here is the comparison between the Congregational Life Survey and the ages of 790 of the 988 total delegates to General Conference 2012.
- Age 18 to 24
- 2.8% – General Conference Delegates
- 5% – United Methodist attendees in 2010
- Age 25 to 44
- 14.9% – General Conference Delegates
- 19% – United Methodist attendees in 2010
- Age 45 to 64
- 64.4% – General Conference Delegates
- 37% – United Methodist attendees in 2010
- Age 65 to 84
- 17.8% –…
View original post 22 more words